Thursday, September 25, 2008

Still Staring At The Sun


Get over it, TV on the Radio are awesome. Without question, I hold these guys as one of the most innovative and captivating rock bands in operation today. Sure, everyone thinks that 2006's, Return to Cookie Mountain, was the cat's pyjamas and how can you beat powerhouse tracks such as "Wolf Like Me" and collaborations with Bowie. But newly released Dear Science is just as good - if not better.

The truth is that TV on the Radio have been making incredible music for the majority of my credible music listening years. Their sound is accessible in some aspects and totally abstract in others, sometimes I can understand the lyrics, sometimes I can't. Regardless, they make exciting music and it keeps me interested longer than a week. And I have ADD bad.

From Dear Science (2008):

TV on the Radio - Halfway Home

TV on the Radio - Crying
TV on the Radio - Family Tree

*The new disc in it's entirety is spinning over on the band's myspace.

What started it all for me, from Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes (2004):

TV on the Radio - Staring at the Sun

7 comments:

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Just a band that I've never really got into - but I'll have to try because everyone keeps assuring me that they're great so an extra effort must be made.

They just don't get enough air-time over here so I can't listen to them and decide more easily!
Ciao

Scarlet xx

Anonymous said...

I was skeptical before as I felt they were trying too hard but the tracks you posted from "Dear Science" seem more relaxed an focused on the music, as opposed to their aspirations for the music if that makes any sense. I quite enjoyed it and will buy it to support them based on your posting.

Many thanks.

B.

a.m.p.m. said...

These are all excellent tracks, for sure. 'DLZ', the second-last song on the album is also amazing.

gotshoo.com said...

I am enjoying Dear Science much more than Return to Cookie Mountain. Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes is still my favorite out of the three though.

Brad said...

Family Tree is definitely the cat's pajamas, heard that song and had to listen again like 7 times.

Anonymous said...

Those are my three favourite tracks from Dear Science. I also like Love Dog.

Morgan said...

One of my favorite bands! :D