Thursday, September 25, 2008

Southern Discomfort.



Nothing like dirty rock to kick off a Thursday morning - semi hung-over, tired and oh-so-close to the weekend, I had been in my cubicle for mere minutes when "Wrecking Ball" by Dead Confederate came on the (online) radio.

So I immediately did a bit of research and jumped on here to share, because who knows how many of you are out there in the same situation, stuck at work and waiting to be distracted.

Hailing from Athens, Georgia, Dead Confederate is like a Nirvana / Kings of Leon hybrid. Grungy and whiny, these guys have an enjoyable heavy sound and include fun contractions like 'yer' in their song titles, clearly confirming their southern heritage.

Wrecking Ball is their first LP, and from what I've heard so far, it's solid. While I remain partial to the title track, it's not on their MySpace, but I'll try to find it by tonight. In the meantime, give them a go!

1 comment:

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Nice thought that - KOL and Nirvana hybrid... Must check out!
Ciao

Scarlet xx