Tuesday, September 16, 2008

RIP Richard Wright

The man behind some of the most haunting sounds in rock and roll history has passed away today. Pink Floyd pianist and founding member Richard Wright died following a brief and sudden battle with cancer. He was 65 years young - a long life for a rock star, but a short stint for a legend.

Check out the full story here.

The news of this premature death has mobilized thousands of fans and has already resulted in a myriad of YouTube tributes in his honor. Not that YouTube is a measure of one's importance, but it's impressive nonetheless. Who am I kidding, YouTube is totally a fame barometer - the number and complexity of the photo montages people are creating for this man kind of blows my mind.

But I digress - sorry, grief makes me nervous. All this to say: Mr. Wright, it's now your turn to Shine On... RIP.

2 comments:

Isorski said...

YouTube is a great way for us to share our favorite Wright tunes and share in our common grief over this loss. It's a sad day for sure.

I posted a tribute at my blog too, at http://isorski.blogspot.com/2008/09/pink-floyds-richard-wright-passes-at-65.html.

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

R.I.P. You won't be forgotten!
Ciao

Scarlet xx