Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Inbox Wednesday - Cut Off Your Hands


Trawling through the BTA email account last week I came across an email promoting New Zealanders Cut Off Your Hands. Perhaps you've heard of them before; I certainly had. A few months ago it seemed like their catchy as all hell single 'Oh Girl' was everywhere, so I happily gave new track 'Happy As Can Be' a cursory listen. As expected, I discovered another bouncy Britpop-esque tune that may not be the most original song I've ever heard, but put a smile on my face and a bounce in my step all the same.

And it seems that the Cut Off Your Hands star is on the rise. The band has just released their debut album You and I in New Zealand and Australia and next month they'll be supporting Foals and Friendly Fires on a tour through Germany.

Cut Off Your Hands - Happy As Can Be

Video for 'Oh Girl':

No comments: