Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Five

Its hard to recall the last time San Fransisco based Deerhoof had a bad record. They're newest one is slightly weirder than their previous releases but still possesses the likability that many indie-pseudo art rock rock bands try so hard to achieve. A couple other bay area bands have also pop-ed up on my radar: Experimental Dental School and KIT. Both are fairly solid rock acts the former being a straight up guitar/drum duo and the latter being noise rock. Both have that nwe band freshness that I find so appealing. There are also two older tracks down below. I tend to play catch up at the end of the musically; buying/downloading most of what I missed but what was recommended to me. You've probably heard a ton about Shad and No Age but if you haven't you're in for a treat.

Deerhoof - Chandelier Searchlight
Experimental Dental School - Back Porch Floating
KIT - Forest
Shad - I Don't Like To
No Age - Errands

No comments: