Friday, February 22, 2008

Margot & the Nuclear So and So's Present: Your Fifteen Minutes


This has got to be one of the coolest ideas I've heard about in awhile.

As posted on their myspace page yesterday, Richard Edwards, lead vocalist and songwriter for Indianapolis' Margot & the Nuclear So and So's is looking to write an entire album about a total stranger. Actually, scratch that, but three full albums about three different strangers.

"I'm planning to compose, and record, a collection of three albums about three specific people. I'd like to take applications from people who would like to have an album composed about them. The application must be...


1. 500 words about yourself and your background.


I'm searching out people on my own as well.

If I feel like I'd like to use you in some way, you will need to be available for MANY more questions, as well as be able to provide alot of material about yourself.
Old school photos

dental records

old love letters
etc, etc. etc......

This will probably take me four years. The first one should be ready in 2009/2010.


Even if your application doesn't make the final cut, no doubt through lack of vision on my part, I have a great project for all of the applications. And EVERYONE will be involved.


This is VERY important to me. It's the future of margot recordings, and a major undertaking for the next few years of my life. I hope you will be involved. I will be in contact with any of you who decide to participate."

Within the first 24 hours of the post, he's received "a couple hundred submissions". I assume these will keep coming as word gets 'round of a very excellent, and very buzz-worthy creative idea.

The band are currently in the studio finishing up their new album. Here are some demos which are expected to find their way (in polished form) on the album.

Margot & the Nuclear So and Sos - Holy Cow! (demo)
Margot & the Nuclear So and Sos - Tall as Cliffs (demo)

- bbbykmbrly.



No comments: