Friday, April 27, 2007

Ah Oui, Comme Ca


These guys claim to be the only successful Arab-Jew combination in history. Chromeo, aka Dave 1 and Pee Thugg, produce music that is a blend of electro dance beats, synthesizers, guitar and Daft Punk-styled vocoder. I thought they were ridiculous the first time I heard 'Needy Girl', from debut album She's In Control. It was then that I realized that over the top dance music is exactly what they are going for. It's shameless and some of the most danceable stuff I've heard in ages. The Vice Records duo is set to follow their solid debut with Fancy Footwork this spring. The title track was released/leaked a while back and shows some serious potential for the follow-up disc; I particularly like the Michael Jackson throwback intro and the song itself is just as good as anything they've put out so far.

Chromeo - Fancy Footwork

-Andrew W

No comments: