Sunday, May 03, 2009

Let's Pretend It's Friday Five!


Five tracks that have been rocking my world lately:

Evangelicals - Party Crashin'
The Oklahoma band's second LP The Evening Descends was released way back in January but until now I've neglected to share anything with you guys. My bad - Evangelicals have crafted one of my favourite albums of '09.

The Gossip - Heavy Cross
The Gossip's fourth album Music For Men will be out next month; 'Heavy Cross' is the first single and I like what I hear so far.

Kurt Vile - Freeways
I don't know much about Kurt Vile, except that he's from Philly and Pitchfork seem to like him a lot. This cut is from last year's Constant Hitmaker.

Bombay Bicycle Club - Always Like This
This first single from their forthcoming debut I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose continues to raise hopes that BBC will create one of this year's finest albums.

Basement Jaxx - Raindrops
Basement Jaxx just keep on going and going. A tour of the whole wide world is currently underway in support of the as-yet-unreleased Scars and the album is rumoured to feature contributions from Lightspeed Champion, Yo! Majesty, Santigold and Yoko Ono. They've still got it - first single 'Raindrops' is so damn catchy it hurts.

2 comments:

mitch said...

i love always like this.. awesome tune. thanks for sharing.

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Love The Gossip, heard it about two weeks ago and they seem to be getting better and better.

And I'm a permanent fan of the Jaxx - had to go see them again when they came to Newcastle and I was electrified by "Raindrops" - it's a return to form!
Ciao now

Scarlet xoxo