Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sending Lightning to the Ground


Icelandic group Seabear have crafted a great album in the form of The Ghost That Carried Us Away. Released a couple of months ago on Berlin label Morr Music, this is the lush, gentle stuff that indie pop dreams are made of. The Ghost . . . is the band's debut album and is chock full of amazing tunes I can't stop listening to. 'I Sing I Swim' is one of my favourite tracks of the last few months; I can't recommend it enough.

Sindri Már Sigfússon originally started the project as a one man band, but the Reykjavik-based group now comprises seven members in total. The band's 2004 EP Singing Arc is still available online for free, so grab those excellent tracks here.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to catch these guys on December 11th when they're here in London supporting fellow Icelanders Múm. I have a feeling they're going to put on a solid live show.

From The Ghost That Carried Us Away:
Seabear - I Sing I Swim
Seabear - Libraries

From the Singing Arc EP:

- a.m.p.m.

No comments: