Monday, June 18, 2007

Rosuto


During my visit to Japan in April I was surprised by how many people I ran into that liked the same music as I do. In fact, the Japanese music scene (especially in Tokyo) is incredible and most Japanese indie kids listen to the same stuff as we Westerners, plus some other really cool shit you've never heard of. I hope to stay in contact with many of the amazing people I met there (thank you Facebook) and discover more amazing Japanese tunes.

To put it in perspective, note how fantastic the lineups at the Fuji Rock Festival and Summer Sonic are this year. They're pretty much the two largest music festivals in Japan and from all accounts are nothing short of incredible. Fuji Rock alone features Deerhoof, Chromeo, Kings of Leon, Ratatat, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Justice, Peter Bjorn and John, Electrelane, Feist, Chemical Brothers, The Album Leaf, !!!, The Shins, Simian Mobile Disco, Battles, and heaps more. I mean, come on. If you're in Japan this summer, be there or be shikaku.

-Andrew M

1 comment:

toutoth said...

try this site Resources like it go to this web-site click this site dig this